About Me and my services > Press Room > Articles
Perhaps youíre one of the few who basically donít like to be around people for too long, not to mention have them as your traveling companions. What else can you possibly do? For those who are taking Rome excursions entirely on their own, there are certain doís and doníts that you may want to follow:
1. Avoid driving as much as possible. Though Rome can be one of the most beautiful places you can ever been, it doesnít mean they have the best traffic system. First of all, there are many erratic drivers. Whatís more, you have to deal with a number of other elements including moped, trams, and pedestrians. Thus, during Rome excursions better leave your car in your hotel and simply walk. You can get a better feel of what itís like to be walking along Roman path.
2. Know the taxi services. If you canít basically handle Rome excursions by foot, or you simply donít like taking the tour bus, at least rent a taxi. The driver knows the city too well, so heís an expert in going around traffic jams. Take note, though, that you should only pick white and yellow taxis, for theyíre the official ones. The meter also starts to run not on the moment of picking up but after you both placed down the receiver. Thereís no need to give them any tip, unless youíre generous enough to do so.
3. Go for hotels with terminal transportation. Sometimes Rome excursions can start at some point, and your hotel may be located not quite near it. You can save a lot if you can reserve room accommodations in hotels with free terminal transportation.
4. Get rid of tourist traps. Itís not unlikely that the Romans are not only popular for their arts but also for their food as well. Ever tasted their pasta? Definitely, youíll know what ambrosia is. However, there are also several pretentious cafes around. When youíre in Rome excursions, make sure you donít bump into them. Usually, these are restaurants with huge American signs plastered all over their shops. Their cuisines are not original Italian, and their prices are high.
5. Plan your budget. No matter what tour youíre in, youíre still advised to create your own budget. Not all entrance fees are covered by tour prices. So before you can get any more surprised to learn that thereís no way of getting in than paying, then better bring a few bucks with you. If youíve done any research, ensure that youíve brought more than whatís stated in their website. Prices can rise so fast.
6. Be comfortable. Skip anything fashionable and go for something comfy. Remember, youíre going to do a lot of walking, and high heels canít certainly give you your much-needed leg support. Rather, put on some rubber shoes or sandals and your well-loved jeans and shirts. It does pay, though, to make a research as to what clothes are fitting in a particular area. For example, majority of Rome excursions can include the Vatican. Theyíre very strict when it comes to dress code. It would usually mean no sexy dresses, shorts, and tank tops for the women, and no offensive shirts and tattered jeans for men.
In the end, the success of your Rome excursions will largely depend on your taste. If youíre a great lover of history, arts, and culture, then the best way to enjoy the Eternal City and get into its insights would be hiring a local Official Tour Guide which will lead you through its hidden magical treasures.
If not, then you can comfort yourself with numerous cafes and shopping districts found all over the area.